Monday, July 11, 2011

Oui Oui, Je Retourne à Paris


If you read my blog from the very beginning or you just happen to have browsed through my entries, you might have noticed a recurring theme: Paris, la capitale de la France. Last year, I went to Paris with my mom, where we spent a fantastic week together. We visited many things and we couldn’t comprehend the amazingness of this vast city. I lack the words to describe that trip (but in case you got curious now, you can read about my experiences here). When we returned home, we said to each other: ‘We need to return next year! We have to.’

In the past year I felt an emptiness, that got worse every time I looked at a picture of the Eiffeltower. I often felt pain hitting my body, as if someone stung me with a long blade. It’s incredible how you can feel homesick for a city that is not your own! Finally, we decided to just go for it, book the train and a hotel and go!

So, to finally get to the point: I am going to Paris today! I’ll be gone from the 11th until the 18th. I feel so different compared to last year! I’m no longer afraid of using the metro and I feel much more secure. And I have to try to speak some more French this time. I just know it’s going to be an awesome week! ^^

After I’m back, I’ll write a report filled with pictures!
Have a nice week everyone~! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment