Thursday, September 02, 2010

Taking A Bow For The First Time

Last Saturday was my friend’s 18th birthday and that had to be celebrated with a big party! There was sushi, cocktails, dancing and… a dresscode! Which I fully ignored.

The theme of the party was ‘Purple Sensation’ and we were supposed to come dressed in either white, purple or both. Since I, surprisingly enough, have absolutely no purple in my closet, I decided to wear a white skirt, white shoes and a green shirt (no pictures of my outfit, since it was totally not Lolita-related).
I have been wanting to wear my Baby, the Stars Shine Bright headbow for quite some time. I discovered, by the way, that the name of my bow is ‘Ribbon Roselyne’. How much more coincidence do you need? This bow must have been meant for me! :)
Anyway, I decided that my friend’s party would be the perfect occasion to wear my bow. I fixed my hair, picked out a matching necklace and shoved the headbow over my hair – only to not take it off until much later that evening.

I arrived first, as usual (I guess I am an “on time” person?), so the guests arrived after me. First my friends, who were all surprised by the size of my bow, since I usually wear smaller sized bows. Yet they all said they thought I looked cute, which made me feel more secure.
After that, the other guests arrived. I noticed a few ‘Oh my God, what’s that!?’-looks, but to be honest, I could care less about their opinion! I was afraid I would really feel bad if people looked at me as if I was crazy, but I totally felt the opposite. I love my bow, so go eat sushi or something people! ^^
I have to admit that, after a while, the bow really started to hurt behind my ears. This is actually quite normal, but I didn;t want to take it off. I’m glad I didn’t , ‘cause after a while the pain was completely gone! I just have to get used to it, apparently.

Later on the evening, the birthday girl’s father introduced me to a cousin and he said he really liked my bow! Of course, that made me smile and I thanked him genuinely.

The party was really nice, even though it was mainly dancing. And I don’t dance. I just don’t: I feel awkward while dancing. I much prefer watching other people. I did try sushi for the first time though and it was really delicious!

I apologize for the dark picture, but I made it after I came home, which was about 12:00 pm. I really like it though, I think I look quite ok on it (I’m usually bad at taking good pictures of myself).
I still doubt about how I should wear my bow: like on the picture or flat to my head. I prefer this, because then you can see the actual shape.
Maybe I should buy a headbow that’s on top of my head, instead of on the side.

So what do you think?
Oh, by the way, in a couple of days I'm going to order some stuff, so you can expect a few reviews in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment